Depeche Mode - Zobacz wątek - Pet Shop Boys

Utwórz nowy wÄ…tek Odpowiedz w wÄ…tku  [ Posty: 845 ]  Przejdź na stronÄ™ Poprzednia strona  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 43  NastÄ™pna strona
Pet Shop Boys 
Autor Wiadomość

Post Re: Pet Shop Boys
Przeważnie wydawnictwa przygotowane z myślą o Record Store Day nie są wliczane do "normalnego" obiegu, bo są dość mocno limitowane (czasem kilkadziesiąt sztuk, czasem kilka setek). Są traktowane bardziej jako wydawnictwa kolekcjonerskie i ściśle limitowane i z tego względu nie pojawiają się - jak np. w tym przypadku - w zestawieniu regularnych singli.

Cz mar 03, 2016 1:22 am Zobacz profil

Ale Fluorescent 12" który został wydany przy tej samej okazji już jest ujęty w singlach na oficjalnej, tak więc wniosek z tego taki że to ich "oficjalne" zestawienie nie jest warte funta kłaków

Cz mar 03, 2016 9:20 am Zobacz profil

Hmmmm... No to nie wiem :) Być może więc moje wytłumaczenie jest niewłaściwe i mają jakieś inne kryteria "dopuszczania" pewnych wydawnictw jako single. Albo po prostu jest to zwykłe niedopatrzenie.

Cz mar 03, 2016 12:50 pm Zobacz profil

Są ludzie, którzy już słuchali nowego albumu SUPER . Oto opinia jednego z nich ...

Super is an ultimately rewarding but initially perplexing listening experience.

The opening track, Happiness, becomes ever-more insistent on repeat listens, but only once you get over the initial shock of Neil's country and western vocals. This, I imagine, is what attending a barn dance on acid would sound like. It's all a bit gay rodeo to my ears, but becomes much more enjoyable once the surprise wears off. In the background, Neil spells out the title of the track a la Shopping and Minimal while Stuart Price ramps up the decibels, constantly repeating the same riff – one of the by-now familiar snippets - and adding his usual builds. As an album opener, it's a little incongruous, but soon becomes an unexpected earworm. Lyrically, it's slight, with only two substantial interjections.

"It's a long way to happiness, it's a long way to go, but I'm going to get there, boy, the only way I know," chimes Neil at the start, before rounding it all off with an admission that he, and his companion, may never actually arrive at their destination, which is quite a nice thought in its own way. It's all about the journey. Sonically, that journey seems to go round in circles with each circuitous route more demented than the last. I disliked Happiness intensely on first hearing, but it's won me over in the meantime.

The Pop Kids is wonderful and a worthy single. We've all heard it by now, so I won't attempt to describe it. As a trailer of the album, its slightly inelegant rhyming structure accurately previews a recurring, and slightly jarring, motif of Super.

If the lead single directly addresses their long-standing fans, the third track, Twenty-something, tries to speak to – or, at least, about – the new breed they've picked up in more recent years. It's a jaunty plodder, contrasting the optimism and expectation of youth with grim reality. Here we find Neil in wise old observer mode. Young Offender has grown up and must now find his way "in a decadent city at a time of greed". Lyrically, it's a bit suspect, maybe even a touch patronizing in places ("You've always been somewhat choosy but you'll love her for the length of a good movie"). The structure of the song is a little frustrating with the chorus more of a descending continuation of the verses than anything else. In the end, it's all a bit depressing, with Neil advising Twenty-something to "Take your smartphone and make your way home - on your own." Like Happiness, it grows with repetition and starts to bloom, but it's a moderate album track at best despite possessing plenty of personality.

Groovy lives up to its name, and is a disco-influenced late 1990s "goodtime" track that lifts proceedings again. It's an exhibitionist's anthem, with a narcissistic chorus that goes: "Look at me, I'm just so 'look at me', I'm just so 'look at me', I'm just so groovy." It's utterly inconsequential, but it's coherent in terms of the album, and comes with some nice riffs, bells, and the usual Stuart Price build before we go back into the catchy, infectious chorus. It's essentially about going out, showing off, and having a good time. Neil is either celebrating or satirizing depending on your point of view, so it's as multi-layered as you want it to be. Annoyingly, it also comes with some "crowd noise" and what appears to be a sample from The Most Incredible Thing right at the end. If they are feeling flippant and adventurous, I could see this as a single. It's only a bit of fluff, but it's fun fluff. Enjoyable.

Things start to become slightly bizarre now. The Dictator Decides features an epic, sometimes poignant, often menacing backing track, some magnificent haunting female vocals, and a depressed Neil recounting the misery of an aging despot. "Will someone please say the unsayable? Will someone please tell me I'm wrong?" he intones, willing a revolution to relieve him of his burden. Tortured shouts, a grim sense of foreboding, and a cloak of deep melancholia drench the elongated intro before our declining anti-hero begins his monologue. We soon learn that he's a compromised figure, keeping up appearances ("Of course I'm in league with the army, it's not like I've got any choice; They officially adore me and my father before me, but gunpoint has a firm voice").

In some ways, a song like this sums up the wonderful quirkiness of Pet Shop Boys – and you only get this kind of stuff with the sainted Neil – but while I'd be more than delighted with this as a bonus track, I'm perplexed by its placement slap bang in the middle of what purports to be a party record. Then again, at this point, I'm not sure if the album is purporting to be anything other than a random collection of tracks. Even so, this is a peculiar, almost weird, inclusion.

Pazzo! feels every bit as incongruous, a largely instrumental Mr. Oizo-style interlude that vaguely reminds me of Soft Cell's Monoculture with its concomitant spoken samples. Various voices tell us "That's insane", ask "Do you want to?", and state that "You're crazy". There's a Blue Monday bass sample buried in the background but it all feels a bit pointless to me.

Inner Sanctum changes the soundscape once more, building magisterially to a giddily enthusiastic all-too-brief climax that gets cut off before it can fully satisfy. Yet, in the context of Super, it begins the most exciting segment of the album, a four-track run that hints at their familiar genius.

Undertow is an obvious single, if a little Pet Shop Boys-by-numbers. The intro, familiar to us as a snippet, comes back later in this track to euphoric and thrilling effect. The verses are strong, tell a story of a helpless and dangerous infatuation, and recount the inevitable impending doom that seems certain to result. Lyrically, it's sharp ("Save me, I can't help that I'm sinking, Help me get away; but even as I speak these words, I know I'm going to stay"). The chorus is more than serviceable, but there's an irritatingly clunky bridge that seems, like much of this album, dissonant. It's a close relative of A Face Like That, and it throbs along at a cracking pace, its bombastic stabs and adrenaline-soaked beats reflecting the dangerous excitement of our protagonist's predicament.

Sad Robot World completely changes the pace and is a very beautiful, very stark electronic tone poem. Ironically, for an album that seems to make a virtue of its high energy stompage, the best track is its slowest. This is one long gorgeous sigh, a sympathetic love song to technology where Neil observes the "mechanical ballet" of automatons. By the end, he can't help but imagine sentience ("Machinery is sighing, I thought I heard one crying"). There is a glorious backing vocal-infused middle section, and a fabulous melodic flourish at the end where BRIAN from Confused.com suddenly discovers his soul and the pain of self-awareness. Spell-binding.

Say It To Me is a good airily percussive pop song, and a potential single that recalls early 90s D:Ream. A strident Neil vocal is accompanied by some breathlessly wistful backing vocals as he explains his dilemma ("My predicament is simply this: You're an enigma even when you kiss") and demands answers from his maddeningly ambivalent lover. It's all relatively simple, but builds into a frenetic cacophony as it progresses. A beautiful haunting synthline that vaguely recalls Schiller and Heppner's I Feel You emerges half-way through to underscore the pain of it all.

Musically, Burn could almost be a pastiche of what some people think a Pet Shop Boys record sounds like. A throbbing bassline ripped straight from Heart is quickly married to hugely bombastic synth stabs reminiscent of Obsession by Animotion. Stuart Price then adds his usual dissonance before Neil arrives to set the scene. Lyrically, it's utterly naff. With a chorus of "We're going to burn this disco down before the morning comes," delivered via falsetto, I suppose you wouldn't really want anything too profound as your good taste and inhibitions are razed to the ground. Unsettlingly, I'm really not sure if this is irredeemably terrible or actually quite good, but it has definitely improved with familiarity. There's a fake stop before the end, some breathy Neil vocals ("it feels so good"), a fishwives chorus, and an unspoken sense of dread that Bonnie Tyler is about to appear at any moment, held triumphantly aloft on a sea of shirtless, gyrating Chippendales.

Into Thin Air is the final track, an escapist song of elopement featuring a mournful, orchestral opening, a percussive backing track, and a slightly whiney vocal. It's tuneful in its own way, and builds nicely as it progresses, but is a rather colourless finish to a slightly bizarre listening experience.

There's a lot to enjoy in Super, but I have to admit to feeling pretty disappointed with it on first listen. However, it grows markedly on subsequent plays as familiarity breaks down the discordance of some of the rhyming structures and soundscapes. Like Bilingual, it seems half-hearted in following through on its initial concept and becomes something of a smorgasbord of Pet Shop Boys styles. It feels like a more patchy, less-coherent Electric. Don't give up on it, though, as its variety rewards perseverance. Songs that initially appeared slight suddenly seem to flower into life and embed themselves in your consciousness. It's lovely to listen to, full of interesting quirks, familiar motifs, and sonic thrills.

Pozdrawiam fanów dobrej muzyki, w tym również dobrze piszących o Pet Shop Boys.

Pt mar 04, 2016 17:19 pm Zobacz profil

DziÅ› premiera singla "The Pop Kids". Z tego singla, bardzo klimatyczny b-side - "In Bits" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaBUT6Jx8eM

Drugi b-side z tego singla, electro instrumental - "One Hit Wonder" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8m8Z-zRPrc

Pt mar 18, 2016 13:35 pm Zobacz profil

One Hit Wonder brzmi całkiem przyjemnie i pachnie latami 80's coś czuję, że ten album w kwietniu będzie pozytywnym zaskoczeniem.

So mar 19, 2016 22:20 pm

W 100 % się zgadzam, szczerze mówiąc bardziej mnie przekonuje niż "The Pop Kids". Taki już urok stron b PSB. Następny album ze stronami b (za parę lat) już się zapowiada fascynująco. Niestety nic nie słychać (przynajmniej nie udało mi się znaleźć takiej informacji) o koncertach gdzieś w pobliżu. Ale w sytuacji, gdy 4 koncerty w Royal Opera House dzień po dniu wyprzedały się, może zdecydują się na jakąś trasę po Europie.

N mar 20, 2016 14:09 pm Zobacz profil

"One Hit Wonder" to jedna z pierwszych kompozycji PSB, została napisana w 1981 , czyli w roku założenia PSB, że też tyle lat potrafią trzymać utwory bez pokazywania ich opinii publicznej... Aż strach się bać , ile mają jeszcze świetnych numerów do tej pory nieujawnionych( a latka Im lecą). Strony b singli PSB cały czas na wysokim poziomie, a trzeba do tego dodać że mogłoby z nich powstać już ok. 10 albumów studyjnych...
Co do większej trasy koncertowej , to pewnie jest szykowana na początek przyszłego roku. Szykuje się trylogia z producentem Stuartem Price. Pierwsza płytka ELECTRIC w 2013, druga SUPER w 2016, a następna pewnie w 2017. Podczas sesji nagraniowej w swoich studiach w Berlinie i Londynie , Neil i Chris nagrali od listopada 2014 do lipca 2015 - 25 nowych utworów. Więc materiał na następce albumu SUPER, już pewnie gotowy, tylko produkcja i mix w Los Angeles...
Pozdrawiam :)

N mar 20, 2016 15:33 pm Zobacz profil

Napisana, ale czy nagrana?Większość artystów pisze mnóstwo różnych utworów które ostatecznie często trafiają do szuflady i nie są nagrywane.

Oba b-sidey podobają mi się dużo bardziej niż strona A.

LiczÄ™ na bardzo dobry album. Przynajmniej tak dobry jak ostatni.

Wt mar 22, 2016 11:16 am Zobacz profil

Strony b singli od PSB , zawsze w pierwszym kontekście myślenia, podobały mi się bardziej niż strony A( np. "Always" w porównaniu do "Home And Dry"). Ogólnie to 2 alternatywne odsłony Pet Shop Boys, które dla każdego fana dobrej muzyki - będą się podobać.

A jeżeli chodzi o nowy album PSB, są już sample do kilku utworów z SUPER DWUNASTKI - http://www.mediamarkt.hu/webapp/wcs/sto ... =3289372&t

Wt mar 22, 2016 18:13 pm Zobacz profil

Witam!

krzysiek napisał(a):
Oba b-sidey podobają mi się dużo bardziej niż strona A.

LiczÄ™ na bardzo dobry album. Przynajmniej tak dobry jak ostatni.

Pet Shop Boys "Super" (fragmenty wszystkich utworów) - zapraszam do odsłuchu:
http://www.cede.ch/fr/music/?view=detai ... 9&branch=1

Pozdrawiam!

Wt mar 22, 2016 20:54 pm Zobacz profil

Pazzo! i Burn brzmią okropnie :| a na resztę nie mogę się doczekać :) muszę mieć ten album pomijając te 2 potworki!

Åšr mar 23, 2016 16:56 pm

Aby powiedzieć, że coś brzmi okropnie, trzeba usłyszeć utwór w całości, a nie sugerować się zbytnio samplem o czasie 30 sekund.

Jak się mam sugerować samplami , uważam że SAD ROBOT WORLD to cudowna piosenka, która powinna być wydana na singlu z tej płyty. Jeżeli "Jelousy" i "Numb" było na singlu PSB , czemu nie " Sad Robot World " ? Jednak do ostatecznej opinii potrzeba całości. :wink:

Åšr mar 23, 2016 17:23 pm Zobacz profil

Fakt może trochę przesadziłem więc - te wymienione przeze mnie powyższe 2 sample źle wróżą ;) po całości ocenimy.

Undertow mnie strasznie ciekawi.

Åšr mar 23, 2016 19:54 pm

Ja żadnych przecieków, skrawków nie słucham.

Psuje to później przyjemność słuchania całości.

Tak więc standardowo kupię sobie płytę jak się ukaże, rozpakuje z folii i włożę do odtwarzacza. Wcześniej niczego nie słucham, a już na pewno nie skrawków.

Cz mar 24, 2016 9:15 am Zobacz profil

----

Ostatnio edytowano Cz mar 24, 2016 11:19 am przez Petek, Å‚Ä…cznie edytowano 2 razy

Cz mar 24, 2016 10:53 am Zobacz profil

Witam Was!

Greg1986 napisał(a):
Pazzo! i Burn brzmią okropnie :| a na resztę nie mogę się doczekać :) muszę mieć ten album pomijając te 2 potworki!;)

Pazzo! i Burn - brzmią cudnie! uhmm... :D M.in. przez tak ostre, hard-trance'owe brzmienia, pokochałem twórczość Pet Shop Boys! :D

krzysiek napisał(a):
Ja żadnych przecieków, skrawków nie słucham.

Psuje to później przyjemność słuchania całości.

Tak więc standardowo kupię sobie płytę jak się ukaże, rozpakuje z folii i włożę do odtwarzacza. Wcześniej niczego nie słucham, a już na pewno nie skrawków.

Zgadzam się i popieram! :) Po prostu... kolejny raz nie potrafiłem się powstrzymać! :D I stąd fragmenty wszystkich utworów z albumu Super:
http://www.cede.ch/fr/music/?view=detai ... 9&branch=1

Mamy ograniczony materiał, mimo wszystko pozwoliłem sobie na wstępną ocenę (na punkty) nowego albumu Pet Shop Boys - "Super", która wygląda następująco: 17/24 - Jest całkiem dobrze! :D

1. Happiness - 0 pkt.
2. Pop Kids - 1 pkt.
3. Twenty-Something - 1 pkt.
4. Groovy - 1 pkt.
5. Dictator Decides - 2 pkt.
6. Pazzo! - 2 pkt.
7. Inner Sanctum - 1 pkt.
8. Undertow - 1 pkt.
9. Sad Robot World - 2 pkt.
10. Say It To Me - 2 pkt.
11. Burn - 2 pkt.
12. Into Thin Air - 2 pkt.

Legenda:
Extra kawałek - 2 pkt.
Przyzwoity kawałek - 1 pkt.
Słaby kawałek - 0 pkt.

Przyjemnego słuchania i... oceniania! ;)

Ostatnio edytowano Pt mar 25, 2016 9:23 am przez Petek, Å‚Ä…cznie edytowano 1 raz

Cz mar 24, 2016 10:56 am Zobacz profil

Jest już w całości dostępny numer otwierający nową płytę SUPER - "Happiness" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLPP0nAJxBo

Dla starych fanów może być to szok poznawczy(Happiness), ale po głębszym zastanowieniu i większej ilości odsłuchowej, wysłuchaniu sampli i dostępnych utworów w całości - stwierdzam że album SUPER, dlatego został tak nazwany, iż jest miksem wielu stylów muzycznych , zrobionym z klasą i profesjonalnie przez PSB...
SUPER :)

PS. Też mam jak Petek, co do słuchania przecieków , sampli etc co do nowej płyty PSB. Niecierpliwy jestem, jak większość fanów PSB... Pozdro Petek :)

Cz mar 24, 2016 12:02 pm Zobacz profil

Åšrednia nuta lecz 0:48 bardzo przyjemny moment nawiÄ…zujÄ…cy wokalnie ze strony Neila :)

Pt mar 25, 2016 22:20 pm

Greg...
Nie wiem co mam o twoim wpisie myśleć. :wink:
Ogólnie "Happiness" to nowe nawiązanie do nowej twórczości PSB - w nowym kontekście.
Wesołych Świąt dla nas wszystkich...

So mar 26, 2016 15:22 pm Zobacz profil
WyÅ›wietl posty nie starsze niż:  Sortuj wg  
Utwórz nowy wÄ…tek Odpowiedz w wÄ…tku  [ Posty: 845 ]  Przejdź na stronÄ™ Poprzednia strona  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 43  NastÄ™pna strona

Kto przeglÄ…da forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten dział: Brak zidentyfikowanych użytkowników i 29 gości