Imperative Reaction 
Autor Wiadomość

Post Imperative Reaction
Imperative Reaction zapowiada na czerwiec wielokrotnie opóźniony nowy album "Abrasion" ;)

N gru 09, 2018 17:08 pm Zobacz profil WWW

Post Re: Imperative Reaction
Nowy album już jest na ostatniej prostej i planowany na jesień :) Latem przyszłego roku ma wystartować duża trasa. Może w końcu zawita do Europy ;)

Wt cze 18, 2019 15:26 pm Zobacz profil WWW

Jednak premiera będzie na wiosnę :) Mam nadzieje, że jakies europejskie daty też będą :) Albo chociaż Infest znowu :P

Śr lis 13, 2019 18:58 pm Zobacz profil WWW

Cytuj:
At long last here is an actual update on the progress of the first IR album in 9 years (and some other stuff).

I’ve been in the studio around the clock for the last couple of months working to put the finishing touches on this album. I am thankful that I have this as it (along with my amazing family and friends) has helped me to focus on what I hope is a very positive thing rather than the anxiety the craziness of the world can evoke.

This album has taken a long time for many reasons. For a while, I thought IR was finished. After the last tour concluded, I found myself in a position where IR felt far too much like a job and not enough like a creative outlet. For the first time in my career I did not feel compelled or inspired to get back into the studio, and I had no desire to get back on the road. This was tough for me as I am the type of person that identifies myself a lot by what I do. I spent a lot of time thinking about who I was without IR, and ultimately decided to try to find out. I went through a lot in my personal life and my business obligations began to demand more and more of my time. Perhaps age had something to do with it, but I will never forget realizing sometime in 2016 that 5 years had passed since the release of the last album seemingly in the blink of an eye. By then my personal life had improved drastically, and my wife asked me why I wasn’t writing music. I credit her with the resurgence of IR because though it seems ridiculous now, I had yet to ask myself that question, and if not for her insistence I may not have ever started again. There wasn’t much else to do in the small Illinois town we were living in, so I said “why not?”.

I started by going through the album worth of material I had abandoned in 2013 in an effort to revamp some of it. It didn’t take long to move beyond that as honestly, it was uninspired and lackluster, and I’m thankful I never released it. So, I began from scratch. I spent a lot of time relearning to write music. I decided to take advantage of the fact that no one was demanding anything timewise from the band. I wrote at my leisure and tried not to think too much about this being our “last album”. We moved to northern Idaho, work became much more demanding for awhile, and I fell off track again. It was not until we played a couple of shows at the end of 2017 that I realized I didn’t want to give this up. I have no interest in writing my last album any time soon. I decided to throw everything I could into Mirror and make it the best IR album possible.

So, here we are. The album comprises 11 tracks that I will spend the next month completing. It has been an arduous process, but I have enjoyed every minute of it. The excitement I used to have during car tests while recording Redemption and As We Fall is back, and I can’t wait for you all to hear this. Though I tried not to think too much about the direction of the album, I think it definitely sounds like us, but there is a range across the tracks not present in some of the past releases. We don’t have a release date yet but delivering the album to Metro at the end of May will mean it will be released in early September. I have a lot planned for the interim including a pre-sale/fundraiser campaign that I think will be really cool for fans. We will be touring this album though, for obvious reasons, we do not know what that will look like just yet.7

Album related items left to do include coordinating artwork/merchandise with the amazingly talented Sam Pfannkuche, finish vocal recording, mixing and mastering, website revamp and campaign launch for the pre-sale/fundraiser.

For those of you who have been wondering if the yearly proclamations of an album release will materialize, it is finally happening! Thank you all for sticking by us all these years. We love you and hope you enjoy this album

W końcu po tylu latach opóźnień, zmian co do kierunku, podejścia, mamy dostać we wrześniu "Mirror" - 7 album Imperative Reaction :)
Przy okazji materiał przy Mercury Lust też zaczyna nabierać tempa :)

Cz kwi 30, 2020 0:34 am Zobacz profil WWW

Ted wystąpił w nowym utworze Flesh Field: https://metropolisrecords.bandcamp.com/ ... orever-war

Tak w ramach czekania na nowy IR :D

Pt cze 12, 2020 17:29 pm Zobacz profil WWW

Nowy album ukaże się ostatecznie w styczniu. Można już zamawiać przez oficjalna strone: imperative reaction.net

Cz paź 01, 2020 11:51 am Zobacz profil WWW

Obrazek

Split
Here Is Somewhere Else
Glass
Alter Ego
The Scales
Stranger
Like Swine
Ignite
Interwined
Disavow
Half Of One

Cz paź 22, 2020 17:43 pm Zobacz profil WWW

15 stycznia 2021 roku premiera nowego albumu :) Premiera po 9,5 roku prawie po poprzedniej płycie. Przynajmniej teraz wiadomo że nie będzie to ostatni krążek :)

Śr paź 28, 2020 21:39 pm Zobacz profil WWW

Pierwsze fragmenty:

Brzmi podobnie jak poprzednie płyty, czyli dobrze :)

Pt paź 30, 2020 0:52 am Zobacz profil WWW

Pierwszy nowy utwór od 9 lat :)

Śr lis 11, 2020 19:36 pm Zobacz profil WWW

"Like Swine" drugą nową kompozycją :)

Pt gru 04, 2020 20:18 pm Zobacz profil WWW

Przy słuchaniu nowej płyty Imperative Reaction "Mirror" miałem mieszane odczucia. Z jednej strony od dawna czekałem na nową muzykę. Sama płyta była od lat zapowiadana i przesuwana. Nastąpiły różne perturbacje życiowe Teda, w tym separacja z żoną, przeprowadzka, poświęcenie się pracy, czy utrata motywacji by dalej ciągnąć zespół. I fajnie było w końcu usłyszeć i zobaczyć że to nie koniec. I na pewno nie ostatnia plyta. Ale z drugiej właśnie strony czekanie wzmacniało oczekiwania. By uderzyło zaskoczenie, powiew świeżości i emocji. Niestety zbytnio tak nie było. Myślę że w dużej mierze wpłynęło na to fakt, że ten krążek został stworzony na "nowo" w ciągu ostatnich 2-3 lat. Poprzednia wizja została kompletnie odrzucona. Więc Ted zapewne przesłuchał poprzednie albumy i postanowił formułę skopiować, którą używał wcześniej. Stąd wrażenie jakby ta płyta gdzieś ukazała się tuż za "As We Fall" i "Minus All". Może jakby tak się stało nie miałbym odczucia lekkiego rozczarowania. Tak po wielu latach słuchając co Phelps wydaje na 2021 rok ma się wrażenie nieco wtórności nowej twórczości. I mówię to z bólem, bo "As We Fall" oceniam wysoko, tak jak nawet bardziej futurepopowy poprzednik, mimo że Ted się dystansuje od lat od tego gatunku. Moim zdaniem niepotrzebnie, bo przy electro-industrialu trochę zjada juz swój ogon.
Ciekawą rzeczą jest, że po czasie ostatni album "Imperative Reaction" się obronił, bo jednak do niego wracałem nie raz, mimo początkowego narzekania na bardziej "klubowe" brzmienie wydawnictwa. Może też tak będzie tym razem? Kto wie.
Ted przy okazji zbierania funduszy na ukończenie "Mirror" wrzucił dema albumu, ale też te z 2013/2014 roku, co miały pójść na album, a zostały zupełnie zostawione. Jestem ciekawe czy ten materiał nie okaże się równie wart przesłuchania.

Pochylając się nad "Mirror" słuchać tu najbardziej klimat "As We Fall". Więc bardziej reprezentatywny był utwór "Like Swine" niż popowy i najkrótszy na albumie "Glass". Absolutnym faworytem dla mnie jest "Interwined" i mam nadzieję że do niego zostanie nakręcony klip, oraz może wyjdzie potem jak singiel, bo ma największy potencjał wybić się z formuły, która skleja większość kompozycji na "Mirror". Szkoda że z "Half Of One" nie zrobiono akustycznej ballady, bo ten najwolniejszy utwór na albumie wtedy by się lepiej prezentował niż w lekko nużącej formie.
Jeśli ktoś zacznie swoją przygodę z zespołem od "Mirror" myślę że to może być dobry początek by się zagłębić dalej znając podstawowe brzmienie amerykańskiego projektu.
Nie będzie dla mnie to album roku 2021. Nawet nie będzie w TOP 3 albumów Imperative Reaction. Ale raczej na półce stanie i to z uśmiechem będę na niego spoglądać. I miejmy nadzieję że to będzie wiatr w żagle Teda by za kilka lat dostać coś nowego :)

Pn gru 28, 2020 3:57 am Zobacz profil WWW

W tym roku (lato/jesień) ma się ukazać remix album (lub ep) z utworami z "Mirror". Jestem bardzo ciekawy jak inni odświeżą ten materiał :) Również w tym roku jesienią ma się album Mercury Lust.
Ted powoli też bierze się za kolejny album, który prawdopodobnie ukaże się pod koniec 2022 lub na początku 2023 roku :)

So kwi 10, 2021 21:36 pm Zobacz profil WWW

Zdaje się, że wszystkie plany się przesuną lub zmienią, bo Ted zmaga się z zatorowością płucną i zbiera pieniądze na leczenie: https://www.gofundme.com/f/emergency-fu ... lps-dvt-pe

Pn maja 10, 2021 22:50 pm Zobacz profil WWW

Nowy remix album będzie się nazywać "HIEROS GAMOS" i się składać z remiksów każdego utworu z "Mirror" plus dwa zupełnie nowe. Premiera przewidziana jest na początek 2022 roku :)

David Andrecht, który współtworzył Imperative Reaction przez pierwsze 6 lat i miał wkład w albumy "EULOGY FOR THE SICK CHILD" oraz "RUINED" i częściowo "REDEMPTION" znów będzie pracować z Tedem :) Tym razem jako projekt poboczny "RxN" i ma brzmieć trochę nowocześniej niż pierwsze płyty :) Całość ma być stworzona i wydana niezależnie.

Przy okazji Ted założył konto na patreon: https://www.patreon.com/tedphelps i można dostać już "Side Effect" w remiksie RxN ;)

Cz paź 21, 2021 0:40 am Zobacz profil WWW

Ted wystąpił w nowym odcinku X-RL7 i też w utworze ""Information":

Pt lip 29, 2022 12:06 pm Zobacz profil WWW

Nowy remix:

Cz sie 25, 2022 3:01 am Zobacz profil WWW

OMNIMAR - Serenity (IMPERATIVE REACTION RMX)

Pt gru 23, 2022 14:42 pm Zobacz profil WWW

I teraz wiadomo skąd takie opóźnienia i cisza. Tedowi znowu małżeństwo sie sypie (plus stalkerka):

Cytuj:
I took a break from social media for a few weeks. I've never been a big fan to begin with so when things started to blow up, I took the opportunity to disengage and try to get things in order. By now, most of our shared friends know that Lisbeth and I have been experiencing a lot of problems in our marriage. She is much better at putting these types of things into words than I am. I can say that I've made a lot of mistakes. Though my family is more important to me than anything else in the world, I haven't been living up to my word and I have caused a lot of harm through my actions over the years. I am determined to try to keep everything together while making some real changes that will hopefully make life a lot better for us. I've gone from crushed to embarrassed to determined and back through the cycle a few times. I appreciate those of you who have expressed concern. One thing i need from all of you is for you not to take sides. I don't want to hear that type of thing from anyone. No matter where our relationship is, the first thing that happens in the face of situations like this is Lisbeth and I align against anyone who tries to insert themselves into a situation they don't belong in. Our relationship is ours to figure out and we need to be able to do that without interference.
I'm probably going to start a private profile and leave this one here unattended. I've been posting over the last couple of years about the issues we have faced with a person who seems to have made it her mission to try to destroy us. Case in point, if you send me a message, I won't be able to respond for a few days as I'm in Messenger jail most likely thanks to this idiot. As far as I'm concerned, she is filth incarnate and everything wrong with the worst part of this scene. She has been hellbent on trying to torment Lisbeth with her inane posts, her dellusional "you may not like me but your man does" type of BS posts for over two fucking years. She admits that we do not even know each other yet continues to taunt my wife as if we do. Her latest outburst has forced me to consider legal action against this POS for defamation. It's a whole thing and I can't tell you how sick I am of her. Since she has gone as far as to put my phone number online publicly (I've received prank calls at all hours), and made wild accusations about me, I'll go ahead and tell you her name is Rachel Woods, she's from Baltimore and she's just about the worst fucking person I've come across yet. Just to head you off at the pass, I won't deny that we have fought back hard during the course of this ordeal. If you have seen something that has changed your mind about me, I don't really want to hear about it. Please consider the source. I have never seen so many fake accounts, insanely altered pictures and messages all from one person in my life.
This is a tough time for me but I am going to do everything in my power to get everything back on track and keep it that way.

Pt kwi 07, 2023 20:42 pm Zobacz profil WWW